UK Cycling & Biking Sites
...in England, Wales & Scotland
The following UK cycling links may be useful...
- Bicycle Bookshop - For cycletouring guides, bike maintenance books, general cycling books etc.
- A to B Magazine - Useful magazine for riders of folding bikes.
- Bicycology - Promoting cylcing, educating & liberating.
- Cycling UK - The national cycle-touring organisation, changed its name from the 'Cyclists Touring Club' to 'Cycling UK'. 01483 417217. E-mail: email@example.com.
- Large bike shop in Swansea (Castell Close, Swansea Enterprise
Park, Llansamlet) and Cardiff (Penarth Road, Penarth Road Retail
Park, Penarth, Cardiff).
- Cycling magazines... (click on image to go to magazine)
- CycleHelmets.org - The wider picture about cycle helmets, their effect on cyclist safety, cycle use and public health generally.
- Cycling For All - Scheme to enable people with special needs to cycle.
- Cycling For Fun - Get cycling. All you need to know.
- Environmental Transport Association - Eco-friendly breakdown recovery service for bicycles and cars.
- The Folding Society - Forum for folding bicycle enthusiasts.
- LifeCycleUK - Charity working to promote awareness of cycling issues.
- London Cycling Campaign
- National Cycle Network - Comprehensive network of safe and attractive cycle routes in UK developed by Sustrans.
- Rough Stuff Fellowship - A club that's been taking road bikes off-road long before mountain bikes were invented. Unlike mountain bikers, who carry their bikes on the back of their cars, these guys often cycle 60 miles to the mountain and 60 miles home afterwards.
- Sustrans - Stands for sustainable transport. Charity that works on practical projects to encourage people to walk, cycle and use public transport in order to reduce motor traffic and its adverse effects.
- The World Naked Bike Ride (UK Page) - Protest oil dependency and celebrate the power and individuality of our bodies. In June each year, with rides in London, Edinburgh, Manchester and Yorkshire (website not available all year).
- Wales Trails - Plan your own journey around Wales by bike.
- Wiggle Sportive Events - The online store also organise lots of cycling, running and triathlon events.
We take no responsibility and give no guarantees or warranties, implied or otherwise, for the content or accuracy of any linked sites.
- Cycling in Anglesey
- Cycling in Pembrokeshire Coast Nat Park
- Cycling in Snowdonia National Park
- Cycling in Brecon Beacons Nat Park
- Cycling in Mid Wales
- Cycling in Wales (general)
- Cycling in the Welsh Borders
- Places to Stay and Pubs & Cafes
- Cycling Route Maps
- Understanding Welsh Place Names
- Amusingly Translated Welsh Road Signs
- More Sideways Glances