Cycle-friendly Places to Stay in the Welsh Borders
- The Mount Guest House (Ludlow, Shropshire) - B&B near the centre of town and railway station.
- The Old Vicarage (Lyonshall, near Kington, Herefordshire). B&B.
- The Larches (Church Stretton, Shropshire) - Secluded Norwegian self-catering lodge, sleeps 2, min 3 nights.
- Spring Cottage (Cefn Einion, near Bishops Castle, Shropshire) - A hikers and bikers B&B and self-catering chalet (run by cyclists) up in the hills between Clun and Bishops Castle (Cefn Einion is a hamlet with no shop or pub etc). This is one of our favourite cycling areas, especially if you are into quiet little narrow lanes picking their way through the Shropshire hills.
Cottage (Orleton, Herefordshire) - Relaxing and peaceful
B&B and self-catering chalet nestling in
the the middle of the Welsh Borders between Ludlow and
Leominster. An ideal base for a cycling holidays
if you want to explore this little-known area. We stayed there in
2015. Address: Perseverance Cottage, Orleton, Nr. Ludlow,
Shropshire, SY8 4JB. Tel 01584 831504.
Perseverance Cottage's self-catering chalet would make a really good base for a couple of days cycling break (there is also another B&B in Orleton village). Here are our 3 bike ride ideas.
- Ferndale House B&B and Self-catering (Lydbrook, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire).
- The Bench Mark B&B (Kington, Herefordshire) - Eco-friendly B&B in the centre of town (need to check about bike storage) run by an ex-bookbinder.
- Bridges YHA (Ratlinghope, Shropshire) - Tranquil hosting and camping the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Great cycling in the hills plus great pub next door!
- Milebrook House - a boutique country house style hotel, set in prime cycling country, in the border lands of Shropshire and Wales, just outside of Knighton.
We take no responsibility and give no guarantees or warranties, implied or otherwise, for the content or accuracy of any linked sites above.